Five days ago, I submitted my first answer to Quora, and in the five days since, my answer has been viewed 18,000 times! Yes, really! I simply answered a question about what I do to look younger. For those of you who are not familiar with Quora it is a question & answer platform, full of all sorts of information you never knew you wanted to know. Here is a link to the answer I submitted: What do you do to look 10 or more years younger?
Based on the huge response I had from Quora, I thought I would replicate my response here on my own website as ageing is a topic that so many people are interested in. So…
What do I do to look 10 or more years younger?
(Selfie photo above taken in August 2017)
My name is Sarah Highfield, I am 35 years old and here is a recent photo of me. Lots of people tell me I look young for my age (maybe not quite 10 years younger, but possibly a good 8 years younger!). I have not had any cosmetic surgeries, Botox, fillers or any other outside help (except I did whiten my teeth after I quit smoking).
I have freckles (so yes, some sun damage) but I don’t have any wrinkles yet. I think I look younger than I actually am due to:
- Asian genes help greatly to make me appear younger.
- I generally get 8–9 hrs of sleep every night.
- I am a yoga teacher, so my work stress levels are low. I used to work in PR up until Spring/Summer 2015, when I quit my job, trained as a yoga teacher and haven’t looked back since. PR involved long hours, sitting in front of a computer all day and lots of stress.
- I don’t drink too much alcohol (though I did in my twenties and when I used to work in PR).
- I don’t smoke (though I did in my twenties).
- I try not to sunbathe excessively (though I did in my twenties).
- I try to eat lots of healthy homemade food, which includes lots of healthy grains, healthy fats, dairy, lean meats, vegetables & fruit.
- I don’t eat much fast food (though I do on occasion).
- I am a healthy weight for my height, I maintain this through a balanced diet and regular exercise.
- I try to walk everywhere provided I have time and it’s not raining.
- I don’t have children yet (I’ve heard from many sources that while children are the best thing you’ll ever do, they will, however, age you).
- I think my hair also helps me to look younger.
- My beauty regime is simple, face wash & face cream.
- I don’t wear foundation (which can clog pores and sometimes dry skin out). Overall, I don’t wear much make-up, which I guess can make me look younger.
I think a combination of all of the above has kept me looking younger than I actually am.
(Restaurant photo above taken in July 2017)
(Yoga photo above taken in September 2017)